21. When giving a quotation, MARINCON will take due care to ensure its accuracy and their ability to place the insurance at the quoted terms.
22. MARINCON who act on behalf of Clients when arranging their insurance will use their skill objectively in the best interests of their Clients when choosing Insurers.
23. Where two or more brokers are acting jointly for a Client when placing an insurance, MARINCON will take appropriate steps to see that they and their Clients know their individual responsibilities and duties.
24. MARINCON will inform and seek from their Clients written acknowledgement where they are instructed to place an insurance which is contrary to the advice that has been given by MARINCON.
25. The primary obligation to pay premium is our Clients’.
26. On business where Debit Notes are sent they will show the premium due dates. It is important that payment in full is made to our bank account, as specified on our documentation, so that we hold all necessary monies in cleared funds before the due date. Failure to pay by the due date may result in the cancellation of an insurance policy by insurers possibly back to its intended inception date.
27. Our preferred method of payment is telegraphic transfer in the currency of our debit note, made direct to the bank accounts shown, in all instances quoting our debit note reference or statement details of the items being settled. Written advice of any such remittances should be sent to MARINCON. Cheques in the currency of our debit note or statement, quoting our reference should be sent to MARINCON GmbH & Co. KG, Katharinenstr. 4, 20457 Hamburg, Germany.
28. MARINCON will provide Clients with prompt written confirmation and details of the insurance which has been effected on their behalf.
29. MARINCON will identify the Insurer(s) and advise any changes once the contract has commenced at the earliest opportunity.
30. MARINCON will forward full policy documentation without avoidable delay where this is not included with the confirmation of cover.
Providing Ongoing Service
31. MARINCON will respond promptly to Clients’ queries and correspondence.
32. MARINCON will deal promptly with Clients’ requests for amendments to cover and provide them with full details of any premium or charges to be paid or returned.
33. MARINCON will provide written confirmation when amendments are made.
34. MARINCON will remit any return premium and charges due to Clients without avoidable delay.
35. MARINCON will notify Clients of the renewal or expiry of their policy in time to allow them to consider and arrange any continuing cover they may need.
36. MARINCON will remind Clients at renewal of their duty to disclose all circumstances material to the insurance.
37. On expiry or cancellation of the insurance, at the request of the Client, MARINCON will promptly make available all documentation and information to which the Client is entitled.
Where MARINCON handles claims:
38. MARINCON will, on request, give their Clients reasonable guidance in pursuing a claim under their policy.
39. MARINCON will handle claims fairly and promptly and keep their Clients informed of progress.
40. MARINCON will inform Clients in writing, with an explanation, if they are unable to deal with any part of a claim.
41. MARINCON will forward settlement of a claim, without avoidable delay, once it has been agreed.
42. MARINCON will reply promptly or use their best endeavours to obtain a prompt reply to all correspondence.
43. MARINCON will forward documentation without avoidable delay.
44. MARINCON should not withhold from their Clients any written evidence or documentation relating to their contracts of insurance without their consent or adequate and justifiable reasons being disclosed in writing and without delay.
Conflicts of Interest
45. MARINCON will seek to avoid conflicts of interest, but where this is unavoidable, they will explain the position fully and manage the situation in such a way as to avoid prejudice to any party.
46. MARINCON will not put their own interests above their duty to any Client on whose behalf they act.
Confidentiality and Security
47. MARINCON will ensure that any information obtained from a Client will not be used or disclosed except in the normal course of negotiating, maintaining or renewing insurance for that Client, unless they have their Client’s consent, or where MARINCON is legally obliged to disclose the information.
48. MARINCON will take appropriate steps to ensure the security of any money, documents, other property or information handled or held on behalf of Clients.
49. MARINCON will provide details of their complaints procedures to Clients, and details, if appropriate, of any dispute resolution facility which is available to them.
Online Dispute Resolution of the European Commission
as well as all shown Dispute resolution bodies for Germany.
50. MARINCON will handle complaints fairly and promptly.